1.1 Executive summary.
“There is no excellent beauty
that hath not some strangeness
in the proportion.”
Less coding effort.
- A variety of sources report productivity gains of 2× to 10×.
- Never a
- Facilities hardwired in other languages are library routines in Mythryl — easy to change, override or extend at need.
- Designed from day one for efficient compilation; implemented via an incremental compiler capable of compiling individual statements to native code, in-memory.
- Modern type system.
- Stronger, more flexible typing than C++ or Java, yet rarely an explicit type declaration: Hindley-Milner typechecking is a quantum jump beyond.
- Generic by design
- These days everyone is kludging in generics as an aftermarket feature. Mythryl generics were designed in from day one.
- Great namespace management.
- No more long ugly function names because everything C is a static or a global.
- Minimal side-effects.
- Pre-adapted for the multi-core era, in which every side effect is a bug waiting to happen.
- Great garbage collection.
- Serious state of the art multi-generation garbage collection, not wimpy mark-and-sweep.
- High-performance multiprogramming.
- Stackless implementation makes thread-switching a hundred times faster than contemporary languages.
- Mythryl is not just a bag of features like most programming languages; It has a design with provably good properties.
- Mythryl puts the magic back.