5.7.7 Mythryl Invocation
Mythryl code can be run six basic ways:
Mono-file programs can be run script-style by putting a #!/usr/bin/mythryl shebang line at the top and chmod-ing them to be executable.
- Multi-file programs may be compiled and run as usual via the compile manager, renamed makelib.
- Applications dumped as binary heap images via spawn_to_disk contain #!/usr/bin/mythryl shebang lines allowing direct execution without script wrappers.
- One-line expressions may be interactive executed at the Mythryl prompt by invoking my without arguments.
- Short expressions may be evaluated at the linux prompt or backquoted from bash scripts etc: my -e ′6!′
- Mythryl programs may compile and execute Mythryl expressions on the fly via eval.
Of the six, the first, script-style invocation, is the most generally useful. The
second is indispensable for development of large projects, typically in conjunction
with the third.